Monday 30 January 2012

Fri 27 - I Feel Bad About This

My food guilt for today has nothing to do with the consumption of foie gras, shark fin soup or Fiji water.  Here's what I ate;

A pain au chocolat from Konditor & Cook, who are doing well from me this week.  It was dry, and didn't taste even close to fresh.


I skipped lunch.  For dinner, wholetail scampi, crinkle cut chips and peas, purchased at M&S.  It didn't taste terrible, and the scampi pieces were plump.  Why are scampi so cheap compared with fresh langoustine?  I appreciate that some differential comes down to the logistical issue of supplying a fresh vs frozen product, but this still doesn't explain why langoustine cost at least 500% more than their shelled and breaded cousins.


Not a food day to be proud of, lacking not only quantity but also any semblance of sophistication.  Foie gras or Fiji water would have been preferable.  I really wouldn't eat shark fin soup again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment