Monday 30 January 2012

Wed 24 - Balls Again

A new one for me this morning - a spinach and parmesan muffin from Konditor & Cook.  As you can see, it was filled with cream cheese, which kept it nice and moist.  The mixed seed topping added a pleasant crunch, and is probably the only healthy part of this breakfast - I'm discounting the spinach, as I doubt there's much goodness left in it after processing and baking.  A winner, and well priced at £1.65.  I think I'll have one of these again.


Lunch with an old colleague, so on to Balls Brothers on Lime Street again.  A beef, watercress and horseradish sandwich on granary bread sounded good and certainly delivered.  The fillings are always generous in Balls Brothers and I was not let down today.  The meat was of reasonable quality, the bread was soft and fresh.  Light on the horseradish, however the waitress bought me some extra when requested.  The service was a bit on the slow side, they don't seem to have quite enough staff to deal with the demanding City clientele.


V cooked the store cupboard classic Spaghetti alla Puttanesca for tea tonight, with linguine as we were out of spag.  All the ingredients were correct in the required quantities, no one component overpowering any other.  I like it to be on the spicy side, and this was.  The 24 month old parmesan from Lidl, as recommended by the Skint Foodie on his excellent blog, is a good buy.  I know you're not supposed to have cheese with puttanesca, but I'm a cheese freak so I did.  And it tasted good.


An average food day.  My diet is terrible, I'd probably have scurvy if it weren't for smoothies and the occasional tin of tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment