Wednesday 18 January 2012

Wed 18 - Mexican Tuna

I started the day with an Innocent kiwi, lime and apple smoothie.  I had a banana on the side.  It wasn't labeled but must have been Central American, lacking in taste and texture.  I much prefer the Caribbean variety.

The dreaded chicken sandwich (leftover part 3) tasted worse than yesterday.  The blue cheese sauce had tried to unite with the Bodeans BBQ, got halfway there, then split.  Everything else was soggy.  I didn't finish it.

I picked up a fat piece of Tuna from Moxons for dinner.  Cooked rare and enjoyed with a sweetcorn, red pepper, coriander and jalapeno salsa on one side, guacamole on the other.  I was pleased with how this meal came out.  Only low point was the greyish colour of the guacamole.  This happened because I used red onion and red chilli, ground in the pestle and mortar, as a base.  White onion and green chilli next time.  Thankfully it still tasted as guacamole should.


A bad food day saved by dinner.  Cholestoral test tomorrow, first ever.  Crumbs, my diet could be changing forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment