Monday 30 January 2012

Thu 25 - Sausages and Subway

I liked yesterday's muffin so much that I went back for seconds!  Damn, it didn't reach the same standard, the cream cheese filling wasn't as smooth.  Maybe they'd added it to the muffin before it'd cooled down sufficiently.  I do find that I become more critical of any food the more frequently I eat it, so maybe this just suffered from 'Twice in Twenty-Four Hours' syndrome.


Back to Subway for the BLT, on honey oat bread with honey-mustard dressing and a touch of light mayonnaise.  I frequently eat food that more ardent foodies would consider as being crap, and can justify eating said "crap" based upon the cost / convenience / necessity / food-snobbery defenses.  However, the Subway BLT is a guilty-pleasure that I cannot and should not defend.  But it was fantastic today, carefully made (she must have been new) with just the right amount of condiments, which were present within the sub as opposed to being smeared on the outside unlike last week's debacle.  It was really sweet, and the meat is probably only a grade above pet food, but I enjoyed every bite *ashamed*.  I'm not the only one who likes it though, judging by this news.


Sausages, mash and beans to end another unhealthy food day.  Tesco Finest pork and leek sausages, Maris Piper potatoes with lots of butter, and Heinz beans.  Nothing to report, all was well with this school dinner combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment