Thursday 19 January 2012

Thu 19 - Mayonnaise & Me

First the good news . . . cholesterol is higher than average but not off the scale.  No major dietary changes required.  Phew.

A Pret (St Mary Axe) BLT to start then.  Despite it's poor appearance the first half was familiarly satisfying.  See bottom half below.  How hard can it be to ensure that the mayonnaise stays within the sandwich?  The tomatoes weren't great either, no surprise at this time of the year.   Found myself wondering why I'd ordered this.



Subway for lunch, Italian BMT on offer, £1.99.  The filling is salami, pepperoni and ham.  You'd have to search far and wide to find salami or pepperoni of lower quality than this.  I asked for a little bit of mayo.  I wasn't paying much attention, and neither was he, didn't realise until I'd got back to the office.  Just look at it!  I actually like mayonnaise in moderate quantities, and when served within the vehicle, not on the outside.  HOW HARD CAN IT BE???  This was too messy to be enjoyably eaten at my desk, and due to the uneven distribution of the mayonnaise, the salad items were covered with the stuff but the filling within remained dry.  It was like eating two different bad sandwiches.



Dinner was simple tonight.  Homemade chilli con carne from the freezer, white rice, and some of the leftover salsa and guacamole from the tuna last night.  Massive dollop of half-fat creme fraiche too, twice as much as if it'd been the full fat variety.  I like to use chipotle chillis that have been smoke dried for my chilli con carne.  No complaints about tonight's meal, other than to note that the guacamole's appearance had not improved with age.


A relieved food day.

No comments:

Post a Comment