Friday 16 March 2012

Fri 16 - Battle of the Banh Mi

A sausage bap, brown sauce, from The Butcher at Leadenhall market to start the day with.  Up to it's usual standard.


I'd sworn I wouldn't eat at Eat again after my recent bad experiences, but was tempted back by the offer of a banh mi, or at least their take on a banh mi.  Pret launched one of these a couple of months ago, and I was interested to see how this one would compare.  First up, it was REALLY hot.  Too hot.  The Pret version had some subtle spicing, but this really knocked my socks off.  I needed three cups of water to quell the burning.  Other than the heat, it was fairly similar to the Pret version, though the large chunks of cucumber kept dropping out onto my desk.  Pret wins.


I'm not feeling too well tonight, so have foregone dinner.  Snowboarding tomorrow, so no posts for a week.  I'll leave with this great picture of two bread-crumbed and deep-fried carrots that turned up on my brother's plate whilst he was out for dinner in Norfolk the other week.  WTF?

1 comment:

  1. That's a huge burger I think. I always use http://www.chefonline.co.uk for ordering food online from different restaurants.

    ReplyDelete