Friday 16 March 2012

Wed 14 - Curry by my Mum

I had a mere muffin to keep me going until dinner, a very sunken spinach and cheese specimen from Konditor & Cook.  Not ideal, but it tasted fine.


I headed back to see the folks for dinner, and ate a piece of chicken with a mild curry sauce.  I usually prefer something a bit spicier, but my grans were also eating so any extra heat wasn't a viable option.  We had a couple of poppadoms, rice, mango chutney and homemade raitha.  Lightly toasted almonds and sultanas were sprinkled on before serving, which gave it a nice retro feel.  Enjoyable.



One of the treats of going home to eat is desserts.  I rarely feel having one when I'm at my place, nor when I'm dining out.  I'd always put this down to the fact that we seldomley had them when we were growing up, but now, bizarrely, every meal at my parent's place ends with one.  Today, it was a chocolate roulade with (unseasonal) raspberries on the side.  The sponge was moist and had a strong chocolate flavour, and the cream filling didn't taste sweetened (a good thing).  Again, enjoyable.  And it looks good too doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment