Saturday 10 March 2012

Tue 6 - Muffin, Doughnut & Pizza

Whilst I'm not too keen on the baked cream within the Konditor & Cook spinach and cheese muffin, I still chose one this morning as I was in a rush, and it's far preferable to the muck that most other places near my office churn out in the morning.  Satisfactory, but not as nice as the first one I bought back in January, to which the cream had been added afterwards.  I had a kiwi and lime smoothie with this.


No lunch, just a Krispy Kreme doughnut, courtesy of a colleague's birthday generosity.  It didn't taste great, but was somehow still enjoyable.  Must be the vast amount of sugar.


I had a . . . let's just say awkward . . . doctor's appointment this afternoon.  Needed a large chilled glass of this Tesco Amontillado sherry to recover.  It's closer to medium than dry and drinks well chilled.  A good price too, at £6.50 a litre.

 Dinner consisted of a Pizza Express cook-at home-pepperoni pizza.  The machine that made this had been incredibly stingy with the cheese, so I added extra, as well as some olives and jalepeno.  It was a bit soggy in the middle (need a pizza-stone for the oven, even for shop bought pizzas) but I think that the base has a bit more flavour to it than most supermarket offerings.  The toppings were decent enough, pity I had to add most of them.  I had a simple salad of avocado and tomato, balsamic dressing on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment