Tuesday 7 February 2012

Mon 6 - Muffin, Pizza & Chilli

I visited Konditor & Cook once again for my morning nourishment, they seem to be the safest bet between the tube station and my office.  For the third time in recent memory I chose the spinach and parmesan muffin.  But wait, it's different . . . they've actually baked the muffin with the cream cheese inside.  This was a mistake, as the cream cheese had partially evaporated, leaving the rest of the product without the moisture that the cream should give it.  I still ate it, but was pretty pissed off whilst doing so.


I stumbled across a new pizza place during my lunch break, named "Pixxa", just off Bevis Marks in the City.  There's a second branch on St John Street, EC1.  They sell slices for £2 - £2.50 each.  One slice is enough as a snack or small lunch, but most people will need two to fill them up.  I'm surprised that there aren't more places selling pizza by the slice, it's straightforward and you'd think there's a good markup.  I have no complaints about my slice of salami pizza, the tomato sauce was smooth and rich, there was an adequate amount of cheese, and the salami was good quality.  Salami on pizza is a bugbear of mine, it rarely seems to cook well, as the fat tastes manky once it's been warmed up.  No problems here though.  I liked this place, the staff were friendly, and they have a loyalty card scheme.


Dinner was a regular - chili con carne (from the freezer), sweetcorn & red pepper salsa, and brown rice on the side.  The salsa tastes better with fresh sweetcorn, but we normally use the tinned stuff, one less process on a week night is always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment