Tuesday 28 February 2012

Thu 23 - Good Konditor & Typically Bad Pret

Breakfast was a cherry, yoghurt and granola pot from Konditor & Cook.  I've had this before and liked it, though I'm still not keen on the compote.  Last time I ate this I pronounced, incorrectly as it turns out, that a compote should be thicker and more jammy than the syrup-with-cherries-in found at the bottom of this breakfast snack.  A compote is in fact "made of whole or pieces of fruit in sugar syrup".  Thanks Wiki.  I'm not backing down though, a thicker fruit concoction at the bottom would make this better.  The syrup doesn't really blend into the yoghurt, doesn't work.  Still liking the other components though, especially the sour cherries.


Whilst in Konditor I also picked up one of these bad boys.  It's been a week so unfortunately I can't remember the exact name, but it basically a chocolate brownie smothered in a slightly salted caramel sauce.  Immense, get involved.  Snack of the year so far.


Lunch brought me back down to earth.  A rye-bread sandwich from Pret with cheddar and roasted tomato.  Apparently it "made it past the auditions" which once again begs the questions, who are the judges?  Dry like the Sahara Desert despite the addition of ok roasted tomatoes and a chutney that's scarily reminiscent of McDonalds curry sauce.  Pret just isn't doing it for me at the moment, no doubt their standards have slipped in recent times.


I headed over to a friend's place for dinner, the legendary @rayburst.  Tesco meatballs fried up with a couple of sun-dried tomatoes and something green, then the pan contents poured over semi-cooked spaghetti.  Crumbs, just realised there was something orange in there too, carrot I presume.  Not one of @rayburst's finer cooking moments (of which there have been plenty) but then I was there to see a great mate, not to fine dine.  Good to see you sir!  There, I knew talking about a friend's food would be tricky, and it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment