Wednesday 1 February 2012

Tue 31 (Jan)- Verde & Company Ltd

More smoothie and banana for breakfast.

Another new sandwich shop for lunch today, Verde & Company Ltd opposite Spitalfields market.  There's a tiny space to wait inside with four people in an even smaller place knocking out salads or sandwiches.  There was already a short queue outside by the time I'd arrived at 12.15.  It looked chaotic at first, but I got served pretty quickly, and only waited a couple of minutes for my sandwich.  The idea is that you order from various combinations of ingredients such as smoked chicken & guacamole or ginger pig ham & dijon mustard, then choose between having it in salad format or between bread.  I went for suckling pig with pequillo peppers, a medium sized sandwich that set me back a not inconsiderable £5.25.  Once I'd returned to the bleak confines of my office and opened the box I realised that £5.25 was in fact remarkably good value for the fat stack of thinly sliced ham, and generous portions of smoky sweet peppers and fresh salad leaves.  The only complaint was the portion, it was too big!  My fault I guess, but I'll be returning, all be it for a smaller portion.


It was £10 meal deal at M&S again, so we picked up another Oakham Farm chicken.  V jointed the whole thing, freezing all for future use with the exception of a single breast that was kept back for tonight's dinner of Chicken alla Milanese.  The chicken was perfectly crisp, the accompanying pasta slightly overcooked and the tomato sauce lifted up with a hint of chilli.  Satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment